Wednesday 20 August 2014

OPERATION ACTION

This corny phrase has been coined by my dear husband while we were searching a name for my new project. This project is my new ambition. The project took shape a week ago, when I wrote the “two year itch”. It was correctly said by some – writing gives you clarity of thoughts. Well, I came up with some brand new goals and dreams. Some of them are aiming quite high J, they would really need a lot of work in years to come. Am really happy with my project – it is big, juicy and quite challenging. It will make my time worthwhile, and finally I feel that I am going somewhere. 

Well I agree we could have done better with the name. But it was the only one which stuck among all the other important sounding ones. Maybe because it was so apt to my project. My project is all about action – it is about getting things done – about making progress. But mostly it is about personal excellence. I chose those areas in my life where I want to excel and Operation Action is my action plan for getting there!!!

A small part of this project is about writing ….and cooking. These are the only two things which have remained in my ever changing lists of interests since childhood. This is as close to being passionate about something I could get. Hence they become an important part of my project. Also these two things would balance my goals in Operation Action, they will give the lighter touch to the other heavy duty stuff. 

My goal is to cook a new recipe everyday….and write a post here in this blog everyday!!! Am sure you are reminded about the film – Julie and Julia? The film starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams, where Amy plays the role of Julie who takes up a project of cooking through the famous cookbook by Julia Child (Meryl Streep) in one year, and records her progress in her blog. Well this movie was the inspiration behind this goal. However unlike Julie, my blog would not be about the cooking or Julia or about the progress I am making. It would be just some thoughts, a few memories and general stuff in my head. It would need too much discipline (which I do not have) to write about one specific area.

Operation Action is already in motion. The writing and cooking goals are in progress too. You would have noticed the writing part by now. So keep a look out here for some new things…and wish me the best in my endeavors. It’s the beginning of a new journey.

2 comments: