Sunday 4 October 2020

DESTINY VS AWARENESS

 

I am confused.

There is the alchemist and similar books saying that we all have a destiny, which we knew when we were young but have forgotten over the years, and other baggage makes it impossible to either see the destiny or try to achieve it. Then it also talks about how destiny can be changed if you work towards it. It talks about omens and how the universe conspires to help you achieve your destiny. It is so wonderful to read and listen and all that. But what if you don’t know your destiny? What if you don’t know what you want in life/with life/from life?

Then there are these books on zen and meditation and all that. It says that the world is just the way it is. We are just the way we are. It says if we accept this, and just go about our lives, being really aware and awake in moment, that’s enough. No amount of achievement or material gains or love will give us what we are looking for. It talks about trusting the universe. It talks about how conflict is created by this duality of me vs you, me vs nature, me vs other. And all such conflicts is eradicated when we realise that everything and every person is one. It talks about why do we want to improve ourselves – because it we who have to do the improving to ourselves – how does that work? It is like the iron is trying to beat itself into shape. The question of destiny and universe conspiring to help us doesn’t fit in here. Because we are the universe.

So you see….my confusion. Should I spend my days searching the destiny and trying to achieve it, or should I just go about my days doing what I feel like and just being here?

No comments:

Post a Comment