Sunday 8 February 2015

EXCUSES!!!

Finally am back here...after 4 months and numerous attempts. Like everything else which goes wrong in life, I blame my dear (read poor) husband for this gap in my writing.  He got back from a year long assignment at a god forsaken place a long way from home and having missed me and our baby tremendously, he is ready to forgive me for all such blames - past and future. I will be sure to remind him of this generosity at every available opportunity. 

While he was away, our baby grew up rapidly to be a handful crawler. Despite taking care of our baby single handed, I always found enough time to get into Project Action I had written about; one of which involved writing every day (almost). I was doing quite well in this.... till he arrived back home - all laden with gifts and kisses. Ever since then, I couldn’t muster enough time to think about my blog. What is it about husbands being home, that makes wives very busy? I am daring to put such a generalized statement because I have heard the same from many other married women. They never seem to get anything done when the hubbies are home. This actually defies all logic. Today’s men are quite considerate and thoughtful ones. My  husband for example, not only helps with the baby, but also with all household chores. Why, he even goes for the dreaded vegetable/grocery shopping for me. Then why do all stay-at-home women find weekends the most busiest days of the week? 

Well frankly I cannot really put all the blame for my hiatus in writing on my husband. Circumstances should shoulder some of it. These past four months involved a shift of our home to another small town, a month long holiday with the in-laws and an growing baby who just got to know what separation anxiety is. All of which are extremely time and attention demanding. Take the house shift for example. It is a living nightmare for anyone. The packing up and loading into trucks is just the tip of the iceberg. The real effort starts when you unpack and try to figure out where each thing should go in a unfamiliar and new house. God forbid if the new house is smaller or bigger than the one before. Then it is like inventing the wheel all over again. After a month of racking my brains, the house cupboards and snatching moments when my baby is sleeping to work, I finally managed to get the house to an acceptable state of disorder. 

It was not just the lack of time but also the state of mind which didn’t help  me in writing. Something about a disorganized house leads to a disturbed mind. In between all which was happening, I was visited by my ghosts again. The ever troubling question of ‘what I was doing with my life’ came back to haunt me again. Anything I tried to write during that period was heavily negative and looked terrible. I had to go through the entire series of soul searching, crying, frustration and free flow diagrams to come to a conclusion - which was the same as a few months ago and which lead to Operation Action. Life has a funny way of showing that the search of meaning or higher purpose is futile; just create one if it is all that important to you, its easier than searching for one.
 
By the time all this got over, it was peak winters here. It was so cold that my brain froze over, not letting my limbs do anything other than curl up under the blankets. Short misty days, and long shivering nights ensured that I remained as lazy as I could. But now, the sun is finally out and the garden is full of chirping birds and beautiful blooms. So here I sit a midst nature awakening after a long cold spell, hoping that I too would come out of my long break, and get back to some writing. Wish me luck my friends, and keep reading!!!





2 comments: